Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First Post

Hello all,

This blog is mostly for my friends (those both in real life and online), who share with me a deep love of traditional Christian theology.

I'll post reflections / ideas here, as well as use this to coordinate retreats to monasteries or during Holy Week.

I will keep very little personal info here. If you know me, you know how to contact me. I chose the name Macarius a while ago for my online identity in theological discussions. It is a name I considered at my baptism, and also considered it as a potential name if I had become a monk. It means "little warrior" (where as Mark means "warrior). It is also the name of a great monastic saint.

More to come later. Welcome to my blog :-)

In Christ,
Macarius

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Orthodox blogosphere, Macarius. God grant you many years.

Macarius said...

Thanks!

I hope this is edifying to you in your spiritual life, or at the least doesn't cause significant damage :-)